Director of Operations
We are looking for a Director of Operations who is a visionary leader with excellent project management and communication skills. This person will help grow our brand and work closely with internal executives across multiple departments to strategize our wholesale expansion and manage our partner retail location in New York city.
Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Operations will strategize, budget for, and function as the main link between the Executive and business activities. Overseeing all our retail and wholesale operations functions, the Director of Operations must ensure that systems, processes, procedures, and policies are in place to guarantee consistent, smooth, and efficient store operations, focusing on a high level of compliance with the client experience always in mind.
The Director of Operations will support the CEO in leading initiatives that drive sales and improve productivity, monitoring these programs to ensure the correct and coherent implementation according to the overall brand strategy and values. The successful candidate must ensure that the retail channel is running as efficiently as possible, ensuring operational consistency in the retail shop in New York city. Responsibilities include improvement of the store performance based on comprehensive knowledge and assessment of the field working cross functionally with internal stakeholders. The Director must always exhibit initiative and creativity, leading the team and other support departments to change and/or refine the performance of the retail activity.
- Oversee implementation and adoption of current business strategies
- Create standard operating procedures (SOP) for retail operations
- Manage budget for retail store overhead, staffing, expenses and daily operations/troubleshooting
- Manage wholesale platform and correspondences with wholesale partners
- Review current business expansion processes and identify ways to expand
- Responsible for the retail operating model, driving retail operation excellence and standards across all markets
- Using retail customer feedback, continuously work to improve operations processes (i.e. design improvements and customer service approaches)
- Work with key cross-functional business partners within marketing, design, sales, and operations to support retail needs.
- Work with retail experience team and design team to evaluate current retail store plans and optimize for new store openings
- Direct the management of retail policies and procedures and implement updates to meet the changing needs of the business; Liaise with store leadership teams to ensure alignment and consistency in processes and policies across all stores
- Drive consistent execution of merchandise presentation, sales, and operational standards
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Management, Marketing, or a related field
- At least 5 years of experience in similar operational or retail store leadership roles and past work in start-up / high-growth environments.
- Experience managing a team
- A strong desire to work in an entrepreneurial start-up culture is a must
- Highly detail-oriented, strong organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills and solutions-focus
- Ability to manage a diverse group of individuals, initiate change and inspire work toward a common goal
- A proven track record for establishing and implementing processes and executing a clear goal
- Possess a high level of energy, integrity & execution skills
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Proficient in various software applications and e-commerce platforms
If you are interested in this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org